Colgate. Trung tâm chăm sóc sức khỏe răng miệng

Tìm hiểu kỹ hơn các vấn đề chăm sóc răng miệng hàng ngày qua các đoạn video ngắn.

Thư viện video Colgate

Khám phá những nguyên tắc cơ bản của việc chăm sóc răng miệng từ chải răng cho tới chứng hôi miệng.

<span style=Mục lục các điều kiện và chăm sóc răng miệng" />

Hiểu được nhu cầu riêng biệt của từng thành viên trong gia đình ở từng giai đoạn.

<span style=Sức khỏe răng miệng cho mọi lứa tuổi" />

Tìm các thông tin cập nhật nhất về phương pháp điều trị mới và thông thường đang được áp dụng.

Nha khoa thẩm mỹ

Kem đánh răng thế hệ mới làm sạch và sáng mọi loại răng.

Kem đánh răng

Bàn chải đánh răng thích hợp cho mọi loại răng với thiết kế thoải mái, tiện lợi hơn mong đợi.

Bàn chải đánh răng

Sản phẩm Colgate dành cho trẻ em giúp việc chải răng trở nên vui vẻ hơn và khuyến khích trẻ sử dụng đều đặn. Tìm hiểu thêm.

Sản phẩm cho trẻ em

Bảo vệ khỏi vi khuẩn suốt 12 giờ.

Nước súc miệng

Mỗi nụ cười là duy nhất và đòi hỏi cách chăm sóc khác nhau. Colgate có mọi giải pháp chăm sóc cho tất cả nụ cười trên thế giới này.

<span style=Tìm kiếm theo tác dụng của sản phẩm" />
In
Kích cỡ chữ

New brochure addresses osteoporosis medications and dental health

Dental patients who have been alarmed or confused by recent news reports about how osteoporosis medications might affect their oral health now have a brochure to help them separate fact from fiction.

The American Dental Association collaborated with the National Osteoporosis Foundation to create the brochure titled, "Osteoporosis Medications and Your Dental Health." It will be available in dental offices this month.

The brochure explains that some patients who have taken bisphosphonates, a common class of drugs taken by those with osteoporosis or low-bone density, have developed bisphosphonate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw. Osteonecrosis of the jaw is a rare but serious condition that can cause severe damage to the jawbone.

This condition is diagnosed in patients who have an area of exposed bone in the jaw that persists for more than eight weeks, who have no history of radiation therapy to the head and neck and who are taking, or have taken, a bisphosphonate medication.

The chance of developing osteonecrosis of the jaw for patients who take bisphosphonates is unknown; however, researchers agree that the risk appears to be very small. In fact, 94 percent of people diagnosed with osteonecrosis of the jaw are cancer patients who have received repeated high doses of bisphosphonates intravenously. The remaining 6 percent diagnosed with osteonecrosis of the jaw took oral bisphosphonates.

"Patients who take bisphosphonates for osteoporosis are encouraged to talk to their dentist so that their dentist can show them good oral hygiene practices as well as monitor their oral health," said Dr. Matthew Messina, an ADA consumer advisor and general dentist from Ohio. "Patients should not stop taking their osteoporosis medications without speaking with their physicians."

According to the ADA, the benefits of osteoporosis medications greatly outweigh the risks of developing osteonecrosis of the jaw.

For more information about osteonecrosis of the jaw, visit the ADA Web site at www.ada.org or the National Osteoporosis Foundation's Web site at www.nof.org.

©2010 American Dental Association. All rights reserved. Reproduction or republication is strictly prohibited without the prior written permission from the American Dental Association.

4/6/2009

ColgatePalmolive.com.vn  |  Colgate.com.vn  |  Pháp luật/Bản quyền  |  Liên hệ
© Colgate-Palmolive Company. All rights reserved.
You are viewing the Vietnam site.